SPG has completed a series of important projects for Solvay at their Augusta, GA plant:
- Services included all Mechanical/Piping, I&E, Structural, and related construction efforts to expand a key Sulfone production unit.
- Pre-shutdown, shutdown, and post-shutdown work was performed on a tight schedule.
- Scope includes installation of a new 90? crystallizer, pumps, & truck unloading station; numerous tie-ins for piping and electrical to the existing unit; and replacement of a large 4 story tank
- Production continued at adjacent units, with great care being taken to minimize disruption to ongoing operations
- All rigging plans & lifts self-performed by SPG
SPG next engaged on a critical project to build a modular process unit, move it through the plant, and install it at an existing PEEK polymer production unit.